Dental implants are one of the most common cosmetic dental procedures, but unless you are a dentist or have implants yourself, you may not know exactly what they are.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. When you have lost a tooth and it’s natural root, you need a dental implant to act as the new foundation for the replacement tooth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance – they look and feel like your own teeth
- Improved Speech – they allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip
- Improved Comfort – they become part of you and don’t move around like removable dentures do
- Easier To Eat – they function like your own permanent teeth so you can eat with confidence
- Improved Self-Esteem – you get your back your smile and you feel better about yourself
- Durability – dental implants can last a lifetime
- Convenience – no messy adhesives to keep your permanent dentures in place
If you have diabetes, heart disease, or other chronic medical condition, then you should speak to your dentist to see if dental implants would be suitable for you.