The worst thing you can do during pregnancy is to stop visiting your dentist!
In fact you should visit the dentist more during pregnancy, not less.
Whilst regular/frequent dental visits are highly recommended in pregnancy, you still must follow a good dental care regime at home to help avoid periodontitis and gingivitis.
- always floss before you brush your teeth
- brush your teeth morning, evening and after eating snacks or drinks that are high in sugar
- brush your teeth for at least a couple of minutes each time
- if your toothpaste makes you feel sick, try a different flavor
- use a fluoridated toothpaste