When you can’t afford large dental expenses but you need some nice new straight teeth, you might consider trying a make your own dentures kit.
If you know for sure that you can’t get free dental treatment then a quick search will locate a selection of do it yourself dentures products.
You don’t have to look far to discover;
- DIY kits to make dentures
- instructions on how to make false teeth
- the essential shopping list for making your own dentures
Before we look at the pros and cons of avoiding the dentist and making your own false teeth, let’s see what’s available.
Do It Yourself Dentures
A quick look online will find you companies that offer do it yourself dentures kits. These kits range from ones that include everything you need to make your own fake teeth that look real, to kits which you use to make the ‘dental impressions’ then send off to make the dentures.
When you’re making your teeth at home you’ll buy all the ingredients which include plaster of Paris and moulding clay. Sometimes extras like a pressure cooker are on the list too!
Of course, you’ll have to have patience, and it may be a case of trial and error before you get it right.
Make Your Own Dentures – The Pros And Cons
There are obviously some advantages when you make your own teeth.
- First of all, you don’t have to waste precious time sitting around in a dental clinic. You can fit the job of making your new dentures around your own timetable.
- Secondly, you won’t have a dentist’s bill for false teeth. You will simply pay for the necessary equipment to make your own dentures, pay for a package which includes sending off for your teeth, or else pay for a do it yourself kit to make the denture at home.
No matter how well you learn how to make false teeth before hand, you can’t compete will the dental technicians who have spent years perfecting their craft.
- It’s hard to make your own teeth match the false ones, especially when it comes to getting the color right.
- Even the best and most expensive kits may be unable to give you color matched teeth.
- Also, if you are going to end up paying a large amount for a tooth making kit, then wouldn’t it be better to give your cash to an expert. After all, you should be able to go back and have them altered if the teeth cause you problems.
If making your own teeth is all about the cost, then you should make some enquiries first. The average cost of dentures can vary widely, and there are ways to cut the cost.
Some organisations offer free dentures for low income households, and in some States there are dental clinics who offer free dental treatment days.
Many free events take place over one or two days. Sometimes no proof of income is required, and you simply have to wait in line until it is your turn for treatment. Not all events provide free false teeth, so it’s best to check in advance. Also there are dental hospitals who offer treatment by students, which allows you to get free or low cost dental treatment whilst the student gets ‘hands on’ training.
It’s not much fun having gaps where teeth should be. Having no teeth makes you look sad, and changes your face shape.
Before you commence on your quest to find the best make your own dentures kit, check out the cost of dentures. Then compare it to the cost of ingredients or kits for making teeth yourself.
You can read more here: Make Your Own Dentures Kit