Here are some great facts about dental bonding:
- Bonding is the application of a composite resin to repair decayed, chipped, fractured or discolored teeth.
- Bonding is the easiest and least expensive cosmetic dental procedure.
- No preparation is needed for bonding.
- Dental anesthesia often is not necessary, unless the bonding is being used to fill a decayed tooth.
Your dentist will apply the putty-like resin, then it is molded and smoothed until it’s the proper shape. It is then hardened with an ultraviolet light, then shaped and polished.
- It only takes about 30-60 minutes to complete the dental bonding procedure.
- Avoid eating or drinking foods that can stain for the first 48 hours after the teeth bonding procedure.
- Brush your teeth often and have them cleaned regularly by a dental hygienist.
- Biting your fingernails, etc., can chip the bonding material.
Dental bonding can last years before it needs to be repaired, depending about your oral hygiene habits of course. Call your dentist if the bonding chips or pieces fall out.
It’s a great feeling to smile again when the procedure is completed.