Cavities are created when when plaque forms on your teeth and it combines with the sugars and starches in the foods that we eat producing acids that attack tooth enamel.
We all must have a good dental hygiene plan to avoid cavaties, otherwise we could be facing tooth loss, root canals, and other dental problems. And as parents and guardians we need to think carefully about our childrens dental health.
If we don’t develop a sensible daily dental health plan, you could be faced with tooth loss, root canal surgery and many other dental problems.
Good Oral Hygiene Tips
- Brush twice per day for at least 2 minutes with flouride toothpaste.
- Floss every day to remove food from between our teeth. This helps to prevent cavaties from forming.
- Eat correctly by avoiding sugar-high drinks and candy.
- Visit your dentist regularly to spot those cavaties early and to have your teeth thoroughly cleaned.
- Have dental sealants applied to protect your teeth.
- Use a good antimicrobial mouth rinse to help reduce plaque.
- Chewing sugarless gum can help to prevent cavities by increasing the flow of saliva.